Exercises to prevent and treat varicose veins
Varicose veins form after some inflammation in the veins . The veins have some valves that work in one direction and cause the blood to circulate to the heart when these valves become weak, blood accumulates in the veins, forming clots that form varicose veins, which usually take the appearance of small wires blue or purple color.
Typically varicose veins in the legs appear, however, may also appear in other parts of the body . Most of the time, they cause few signs and symptoms, and the truth is that anyone can suffer from varicose veins, especially if you have an elderly, overweight or a sedentary lifestyle.
Varicose veins can be treated with medical procedures, however, the first recommendation is, if they show up, change the style of life.
First, if you suffer with varicose veins, you need to strengthen the muscles of the legs and ensuring the smooth functioning of the veins.For this, you will have to perform many exercises that are easy, practical and do not require any type of device, so you can do them anywhere in your home and at any time.
Stay tuned (a) the following exercises and try to accomplish them several times a day , leaving spaces of time for muscles to rest and recover.
When you lie down to rest in his spare time, take the time to perform these exercises:
- Sit back on your back and lift your legs, put them on the wall, this position will facilitate the flow of traffic, and give a sense of rest.
- You can also raise your legs straight, separate them and reassemble them several times.
- In the same position, raise your legs and start pedaling in the air, also make circle forms with their feet.
- Bend one leg to the chest, holding the position for a few seconds and then switch leg, this exercise is to work the muscles of the calves.
- With legs straight, bend your toes 20 times per session.
If in your home or because of work, you have to spend a lot of time sitting, do these exercises:
- Stretch and retract the legs constantly to facilitate blood circulation.
- Separate and join the toes, repeat at least 30 times per session, remember that it is important that you perform these exercises constantly throughout the day to get a better effect.
- Support the heels on the floor, raise your toes, lower and raise your heels several times.
- Walk on tiptoe and then on his heels.
- Without leaving the place, do pushups stopping tiptoes and heels.
Recommendations to prevent varicose veins
Perform massages on the legs
Keep your skin hydrated helps keep it soft and healthy, the constant massage around the affected area help relieve discomfort and reduce swelling.
- Apply short massages and circles in order to move the accumulated blood to flow again on his way to the heart.
- By way up, from the feet to spread the abdomen moisturizer, this helps eliminate clogging of liquid, salts, fats and toxins from the blood vessel.
Maintain an ideal weight
Although it is often difficult to stop the recommended weight, you must keep it for health and aesthetics. Overweight is one of the factors that cause poor circulation, so does the winning and losing weight, so it's to remain in a stable body condition.
Avoid spending too much time in the same position
There are activities that require spend a long time standing, or sitting, but your legs should be moving from time to time, so take advantage to perform the exercises that we indicated earlier.
Varicose veins do not necessarily have to be treated by a doctor , but there are situations where it is necessary, especially when they cause pain, the appearance of varicose veins becomes increasingly noticeable when it appears redness of the leg or leg ulcers appear.
And when making a physical activity, it is recommended to walk steadily for at least 30 minutes. Swimming is also an excellent exercise for varicose veins, as it causes the blood flow to function properly also strengthening the body's muscles.
Cycling also serves to combat this problem, since regulates the pressure and stimulates blood flow in the veins.